You can find links here to all of my notes for Susan Easton Black’s Church History 341 Class. I wanted avoid the almost daily barrage of emails requesting notes for our class, so I have decided to post mine online. Please don’t use these notes as an excuse to skip class as you will get far more from attending the class than from my notes. However, I understand that sometimes circumstances arise and class attendance may not be possible. I also know that there is such a wealth of information from this class that often a pen and paper cannot keep up with all that is taught. I make no guarantees for the accuracy, completeness or legibility of these notes, but they’re here. If you have any questions or comments, corrections, additions or whatever send me an email at admin at brittnyhansen dot com.
- The full semester’s notes in OneNote format
- 11 September 2006 – The Value of Studying Church History
- 18 September 2006 – Prelude to the Restoration
- 20 September 2006 – New England Heritage
- 25 September 2006 – The First Vision
- 27 September 2006 – Follies of Youth
- 02 October 2006 – The Soap Opera
- 04 October 2006 – The Book of Mormon
- 09 October 2006 – Organization of the Church
- 11 October 2006 – Test Review
- 16 October 2006 – Overview of what’s ahead
- 18 October 2006 – The Infant Church
- 23 October 2006 – Revelations in Kirtland
- 25 October 2006 – The Original Quorum of the Twelve- Part 1
- 30 October 2006 – The Original Quorum of the Twelve- Part 2
- 01 November 2006 – The State of Missouri
- 06 November 2006 – Zion’s Camp and Far West
- 08 November 2006 – Haun’s Mill and the Extermination Order
- 13 November 2006 – Missouri Persecutions and Expulsion
- 20 November 2006 – Quincy IL – Brigham Young – Joseph Escapes from England
- 27 November 2006 – Masonry and the Early Church
- 29 November 2006 – Joseph Smith Kidnapped
- 04 December 2006 – Joseph Smith’s Presidential candidacy and “The Conspirators”
- 06 December 2006 – The Last Twenty Days of Joseph’s Life
- 11 December 2006 – The Martyrdom
- 13 December 2006 – Emma’s story and Finals notes
5 thoughts on “RelC 341 Notes”
6 years later and this has helped me substantially. Thank you so much for posting this!
I’m so glad! I hadn’t realized it had been so long since I posted these notes, time sure flies! Hope you’re enjoying the class as much as I did 🙂
I’m so glad you posted these! For years I have had a goal to type up all of my notes from Dr. Black’s class and come to find out we were in the same class – Fall 2006! Thank you so much for doing this–I really wasn’t sure if I was ever going to get mine finished.
Thanks so much for typing these up! I didn’t have a laptop when I took the class in 99. You just saved me a lot of work.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I took her class at BYU, but my notes are in storage and I am teaching seminary! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!